Thursday 17 October 2013

Thurs 17th Oct

Autumn continues with winds and rain at least till today, After this mornings showers it is now quite pleasant in the broken sunshine. As the day has prgressed the fish have started to move onto the surface and become quite active. Surface fishing with daddys, lures etc is still the most effective method.

This is from an email sent in from Karl a relative beginner
Despite the windy conditions today I managed to take a couple of fish off the top with drys on a 5/6 weight and left my return in the cafe.I was pleased I could get a cast out let alone catch! Resorted to lures later on as the wind got even worse, had a couple of pulls but missed the fish.Ended up in the trees and decided to call it a day at that point but enjoyed the afternoon none the less.
Great little place and I'll see you again.
Warm Regards
Karl


And an email from Mike Lumb, who was fishing with his brother.
I enjoyed my day at Curleys yesterday and a chance to chat with you in the cafe. It was good to hear of the progress being made with the Tenkara rods even though they are a slow burner. How effective do you think they would be with a float tube. It's always good to have that bit of a competitive element to a day's fishing and my brother, Chris and myself both had a good day.....
....... As my fly that I showed you had been so successful and your comment of "the old adage of show them something they haven't seen before", was very true, I thought it deserved a name. How about "the morning after fly". Looks very green with two bloodshot eyes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.