Friday 8 February 2013

Friday 8th

Looks like a good day for fishing! No frost, snow or rain today!
Received this email from Phil who fished with us on Thursday


Hi Mike,
Thanks for the tip to fish sinking line, deep and orange lures.
Even so, I started off using a ‘white snake’ because Ian had succeeded with it and was still catching, but I had no luck with it, so I remembered what you suggested.
In total I then caught 9 fish in under 3 hours including a cracking 3lb blue, all to orange lures twitched along the bottom. And I mean right on the bottom because I removed several leaves from the lures and caught the bottom half a dozen times. Although the odd fish showed on the surface, the majority seemed to be well over 12 feet down.

Phil Rees

The car park has been started so you will have to park on the lane for a couple of days, sorry! Cafe and fishery open as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.