Sunday 9 March 2014

Spring is in the air!

Look at this email from Gary Tonge

Hello Mike,
Just wanted to drop you a mail re today session.

I started fishing around 9am, using a intermediate line, cats whisker.

I changed to numerous flies without success and switched to a floater same results.

I asked the guy who caught 16 the other day and he kindly gave me a small egg fly, again no success .

I paid Mrs Roden my fee and bought a number of different coloured egg flies from the shop and as going to give it another hour.

Then the fun started on the peg furthest to the right, they went mad for these white egg flies, only around 5 ft from the bank, I ended up with a tally of seven, my best day ever fly fishing full stop.




Well done Gary glad you enjoyed yourself......... and also glad the Missus is taking some money while I am away doing demonstrations with Sport Fish in Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.