Thursday 27 October 2011

Fishing report

Just thought I'd share with you a little report of fishing today. This is by Oliver a young chap who is on the England Youth Fly Fishing Team.

"I arrived at Curley's and was met with a relatively calm lake with just a slight ripple. I started off on one of the roadside pontoons and got a few plucks but nothing solid and so moved onto the embankment and altered my method. I changed to a competition sized cats whisker with a floating line and leader of about 15ft.  With a static presentation followed by a very slow retrieve I hooked into a good rainbow of about 3lbs, this was followed by another 2, all fully fined and good looking fish. I was a great couple of hours and it won't be long before I'm back at Curley's"

Stocking tomorrow (Friday 28th)
Looking good for the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.