Thursday 14 October 2010

Terry's weekly report

As i got to the lake, there wasn't a ripple on the water and the fish were just sipping from off the surface. I decided to fish the first pontoon as you get to the lake. I only had a couple of hours so i set up a single rod. 10' #7 with a floating line and a 20ft leader. I had 2 flies on, an etha-foam daddy on the point and a proctor nymph on the dropper. The fish didnt seem to want my flies presented on the surface, so instead at the beginning of my cast i did 3 quick long pulls to get my flies sub-surface. This is what got me the fish! I could do any retrieve aslong as my flies came cm's under the water. The fish were hammering my flies, and many where missed they hit they quick. In total i ended up with 25 fish in 2 hours, i could have had alot more! Just a quick tip, if theres a big ripple on at Curleys fish blobs and lures, but if theres not much of a ripple, you need to fish the naturals. But make sure you use a long leader when fishing.

Tight lines

Terry

3 comments:

  1. Hi terry, your tips are really useful, we'll be going this weekend and will pay heed to your advice.

    Bev and Kev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us now how you got on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi tony, sorry about that weve been busy with useful but not that enjoyable house renevation! Kev and myself are going tomorrow, see who comes up trumps! so will enlighten you on the events of our hopingly successful day!
    regrds Bev

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.